An exceptional red wine aged in barrels. From selected vineyards, we carefully choose the best grapes for this Nodus, a union of varietals and different lands. This wine is macerated in our cellar with patience and care, essential for this peculiar wine production, that includes phases of pre-fermentation cold maceration and brief alcoholic fermentations at low temperatures. The fruit and the toasty character of oak from its time in the barrel are perfectly balanced. This wine has not been subjected to a stabilisation process, which is why natural sediments might be seen in the bottle. Categorised as an organic wine since the 2017 vintage.
D. O. Utiel-Requena
The Nodus Bobal wine from Bodegas Nodus is an illustration of the adventures our native grape is experiencing, which is no longer a Cinderella but the Queen of sensational wines, as this one is. This barrel-matured red is the result of a meticulous production that includes phases of pre-fermentation cold maceration and brief alcoholic fermentations at low temperatures. It must be noted that this wine has not been subjected to a stabilisation process, so it may contain natural sediments.
Cherry red, heavily opaque with a violet hue.
Aromas of red and black fruit such as strawberries and raspberries are rounded off with a creamy and slightly toasty character of oak from the barrel, with a hint of spices and liquorice.
Full-flavoured, fruity, with spherical tannins, vigorous acidity and slight hints of vanilla, smoke and caramel. A young wine with tannin and potential.
Ideal companion to meats, fatty fish and hearty meals in general such as pasta and rice dishes.
- Gold Medal – Berliner Wein Trophy 2020 – Nodus Bobal 2018
- Gold Medal 92 Points – Gilbert & Gaillard International Challenge 2019 – Nodus Bobal 2017
- Bronze Medal – Decanter World Wine Awards London 2017 – Nodus Bobal 2015
- Recommented Wine – International Wine Challenge London 2016 – Nodus Bobal 2013
- Bronze Medal – Wine Challenge San Francisco 2015 – Nodus Bobal 2012
- Bronze Medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition (UK) 2015 – Nodus Bobal 2013
- Gold Medal – Concurso Mundial de Bruselas 2014 – Nodus Bobal
- Recommented Wine – International Wine Challenge (UK) 2014 – Nodus Bobal 2011
- Recommented Wine – International Wine & Spirit Competition (U.K.) 2014 – Nodus Bobal 2011
- Gold Medal – Concurso Mundial de Bruselas 2013 – Nodus Bobal 2010
- 90 Points – James Suckling 2019 – Nodus Bobal 2017
- 88 Points – Guía Peñín 2020 – Nodus Bobal 2017
- 90 Points – James Suckling 2018 – Nodus Bobal 2016
- 88 Points – Guía Peñín 2018 – Nodus Bobal 2016
- 89 Points – Guía Peñín 2017 – Nodus Bobal 2015
- 95 Points – Semana Vitivinícola 2017 – Nodus Bobal 2014